The custom sub-domain settings are required for below reasons -
1) If you have HTTP site and want to collect subscription on your own domain.
2) If you want to do two step subscription on a sub-domain instead of main domain.
Follow below steps to set this up.
1) Create a sub-domain on your own domain for example - https://notify.example.com
is your sub-domain and https://www.example.com is your main domain.
Please do not use a self certified SSL.
Add this code snippet at two places
a) On the main domain before </body>
b) On the sub-domain before </body> along with one extra line as below
<script>var dialog_box=true; </script>
Please note that you need to add this line after installation code only on sub-domain for the setup to work correctly.
Once this is done you can proceed to second part of installation on sub-domain.
3) In Settings > Installation Settings > Download the service-worker files.
Extract and place it in the root folder of your sub-domain.
It should be accessible from following location - https://notify.example.com/service-worker.js
4) Once all these steps are completed, navigate to PushEngage dashboard
Settings > Custom sub-domain settings > Specify the sub-domain
Under conditions - open in new window and save the settings.
Once the setup is complete you can ask our live chat agents to verify your setup or mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org